A PASSION FOR MEDIA & STORYTELLING...
drew me to non-fiction writing in college and a Masters Degree in interactive design and storytelling from NYU's Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP). A true generalist, my 15 years of production experience includes:
- documentary production for HBO, NBC, and The Discovery Channel
- frontend coding for the MadMen and Breaking Bad websites
- UX design, research, and user testing for web and mobile products, including projects for SeriousEats.com, multiple Brooklyn startups, and Estée Lauder
- producer/product manager roles for literacy software, interactive museum exhibits and large scale displays, culinary blogging, data visualizations about elephants, etc.
I now work as an independent consultant offering Product Management and UX Design services.
A PASSION FOR TEACHING...
inspired me to lead video and web production, media literacy, creative writing, and most recently ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) workshops and classes.
- TESOL Certificate, New York Literacy Assistance Center
- 6-week Teaching Practicum at the New York Public Library
- Best Plus Certification, New York Literacy Assistance Center
- Certificate in Adult Literacy Education, New York Literacy Assistance Center
- 76 hours as volunteer Creative Writing teacher with the nonprofit 826NYC
- 5 years teaching experience (Young Adult In-School and After-School Programs)
Please drop me a line!
172 Fifth Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 10010
917 691 7677