A Passion for Storytelling...
drew me to non-fiction writing in college and a Masters Degree in interactive media and experience design at NYU's Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP).
A true generalist, my 14 years of experience include:
- production on documentaries for HBO, NBC, and The Discovery Channel
- frontend coding for open source web applications
- media literacy and video production workshops for Grades 7-12
- educational software, data visualization, and interactive museum exhibits
I currently work as a Product Manager / UX Design Consultant in Brooklyn, NY where I continue to support creative product teams in building beautiful, user-driven products.
I also teach creative writing, technology, and ESOL classes for youth and adults.
- Market, User & Technology Research
- Competitive Analysis
- Stakeholder Interviews
- Data Metrics Analysis
- Pitch/Strategy Decks
- Product Road Maps
- Agile Project Management
- Budget & Schedule Creation
- Story/Spec Writing
- Scrum & Iteration Management
- Team-Building & Leadership
- Client Relationship Management
- Wireframes & Prototypes
- Journey Maps & Flow Diagrams
- User Tests
- User Personas
Videography, Video Editing in Adobe Premiere, Stock Footage/Stills Research, Installation and A/V Hardware Research, Script Management, Content Writing, Editing, & Research
- TESOL Certificate, 10/2016
- Best Plus Certified, 3/2016
- Adult Literacy Certificate, 3/2012
- Masters in Interactive Media Design from NYU
- B.A. in Non-Fiction Writing from Hampshire College
- 5 Years Teaching Experience
- 4 Years Non-Profit Management Experience
- 3 Years Documentary Video Experience
- 11 Years Technology Experience
- Facilitation: I believe in learner-centered education with teachers as facilitators, helping students to meet their goals.
- Lesson & Syllabus Design: I am proficient in teaching from existing lessons and materials, or developing my own.
- Communication: I strive to build a supportive learning environment for students across all levels and life experiences.
- Program Support: I deliver attendance and administrative requirements on time to better assist program leaders.
- Resource Creation: I create visual presentations, mini websites, study guides, and classroom-friendly resources.
- Tech Savvy: As a technologist and media maker, I enjoy opportunities to bring technology literacy into my lessons.